Hello + welcome to this tiny space on the internet! I created this blog (+ changed the name twice since) 14 years ago as a creative outlet from my career in the emergency room as a PA. After spending the past 7 (or so) years on social media outlets, I have decided to delete all of the ones associated with this blog and get back to the heart of blogging.
We are prepping for our Europe trip and I wanted to put together a travel capsule wardrobe for you all! This capsule contains 20 items and I put together 15 outfits at the end of the post, but just know that there are SO many more combinations! Also note that you don’t need the mules AND the Pikolinos, I just couldn’t make up my mind and included both. I may only end up bringing one pair with me but for the sake of getting this post up, I included both 🙂 We are only taking TWO backpacks with us on our trip (I will do another post on this in the future) and I needed to keep my wardrobe limited. We will have access to laundry along the trip during our 15 day stay so that is immensely helpful. This capsule is more for fall/winter/early spring and wouldn’t really work for a summer getaway but if you guys love it, maybe I will create another one for summer weather!
Here are your 20 items! You could definitely do without the striped sweater but I felt like it added some much needed color to the capsule and to be honest, it’s my favorite piece out of everything! The important thing to note here is that everything flows really well together. You will want to pull together a color palette first and then coordinate the capsule around that color palette! This will ensure that all of your outfits are interchangeable. It’s also smart to limit yourself to 3 pairs of shoes. I am also bringing a pair of sneakers so that I can go on a few runs (this is my favorite way to get a peek into places we visit) and I will be wearing those on the plane as well since they take up a lot of space!
1. OLD NAVY EveryWear Striped Slub-Knit Tee | This tee is so versatile and a great layering piece. Also perfect, is this short sleeve version!
2. MADEWELL The Remi Mule | Just bought these because they are so classic and easy to throw on. My beloved Seychelles are wearing through at the bottom from overuse so these are my new replacements!
3. MADEWELL Patch Pocket Pullover Sweater in Walton Stripe | My favorite pick out of this whole capsule. These colors scream fall and I love how it ties the whole capsule together
4. AERIE Raw Cut City Sweatshirt | One of my favorite sweatshirts – looks great with leggings too!
5. ABLE Abera Crossbody Tote | I have had this tote for awhile now and love it’s quality!
6. MADEWELL Whisper Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tee | My favorite white tee
7. UNIVERSAL THREAD Labette Denim Long Sleeve Button-Down | I wore this in my Target try on recently and it came home with me because of it’s versatility!
8. FREE PEOPLE Pandora’s Boat Neck | Absolutely adore this sweater! Can be worn with anything!
9. PIKOLINOS Pyrgos Oxford | Ya’ll know about my love for these comfortable babies!
10. ZELLA Live In High Waist Leggings | My absolute favorite leggings
11. CITIZENS OF HUMANITY Sculpt – Rocket High Waist Skinny Jeans | This is the one pair of jeans I decided to take with me. I bought these last year, and yes, they are pricey but 150% worth every penny.
12. ANN TAYLOR Jogger Pants | These look adorable dressed up OR down!
13. MADEWELL Jersey Maxi Tank Dress | A great dress that can be worn as is if it’s warmer or layered when cold!
14. CONVERSE Chuck Taylor® ‘Shoreline’ Sneaker | I live in mine!
15. Denim Jacket | A necessity for layering
16. O’NEILL Galley Shaker Stitch Cardigan | Love the color of this cardigan and that drape is amazing. I will be wearing this on the plane since it will take up a lot of space in a backpack! I also use it as a blanket for the kids on the plane if needed!
17. MADEWELL Canvas Baseball Cap | Great for those days when hair hates you 😉
18. BARBOUR Marloes Coat | A great coat for when it’s raining or chilly!
19. MADEWELL Leather Crisscross Skinny Belt | The only belt I own and love
20. BP. Double V Rib Knit Tank | A great tank for underneath everything! Also love this one here which has a bit more length to it!
I put together 14 outfit ideas for you below, but just know that there are endless possibilities when it comes to putting together outfits for this capsule! You can follow along with me on my trip to see all the combinations that I come up with!
This is so great, thank you! I think i’d have to throw another tank top in there, just to wear under things and in case my kids dumped juice on me, haha, but otherwise this is perfect! could you take a picture of you actually in the clothes on your trip? if you remember, i think we’d all love to see how it comes together! Thank you!
You are one of the few bloggers i truly enjoy watching. I love your style, simple but classic. You dont do the saMe outfits tHat everybody else does and i appreciate that. Keep them coming. Thank you
Love this! Question, What size jean jacket do you HaVe? ThAnk you!
Hi, i loved your travel capsule. Can you tell me what app/program you use to create your outfit board? Want to try doing something like that with home decor. Thanks!!
🙂 I love your style. This capsule is perfect.
This is so great and helpful! Would love to see one for every season! And one for maternitY!
Please do one for summer!!! My daughter who is 9 and I are going to france in june. I am having a terrible time deciding what to pack for both of us.