I have created a few gift ideas for new moms before for my holiday gift guides but I wanted to put this larger list together. These are all items that I have used and loved over the years that I have had babies. I think it’s really important to focus on mom when it comes to baby showers or once the baby arrives. Often times, we are focusing on the baby and the mom deserves a little pampering and attention as well 🙂 If you are thinking of an item that you really enjoyed postpartum, please leave it in the comments section at the end of this post!
Gift Ideas for New Moms or Mom-to be
- Make her a postpartum care kit – this is my favorite gift for a new mom. Grab a cute handled caddy (like this one) and load it up with everything she needs to take care of herself postpartum. She can tote this around the house with her wherever she goes! Bonus if you make her APNO cream (it’s a lifesaver)
- Poems on Motherhood –>
- Incredibly soft pajamas and great for nursing (also great to gift a new mama)
- The Postnatal Depletion Cure | a great book to read on how we feel emotionally and physically postpartum and some of the depletions that can contribute
- Featherweight oversized henley sleep shirt –> a bit more pricey than the amazon pajamas but I just love the style and the dress is great for postpartum (no band around the tummy)
- Oversized tumbler with a straw –> I have this and it’s awesome. It’s narrow at the bottom so it fits in cup holders, I love that it has a handle to easily pick up and a straw as well! You could get one and decorate it to!
- Baby Monitor –> This baby monitor is simple and only $30 (it’s all you need). We have it and love it. It’s also great for taking with you on trips – just the small camera and the monitor is your phone! Small and compact.
- The Hatch Rest + baby is the perfect light + sound machine –> Keep it in your room while your baby is a newborn, the light is great for feeding the baby at night! Transition it into the baby’s room once you’re done!
- Back and shoulders massager –> we have this and it is awesome. You bend and hunch over a lot with a little baby around and this can feel great during feeding sessions!
- Lemon & Loom Ribbed Sleeper | 10% off with code: LYNZY10 | These sleepers are what our baby lives in daily! They have a zipper in the diaper area and they are genius! Not to mention, the fabric is amazing!
- Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool | A great book for a new mom!
- Hope & Celebrate Initial Necklace | Code: LYNZY10 for 10% off – valid 11/27 – 11/30 | my initial necklace that I LOVE so much! I have the mini initials, 18 inch in gold with diamonds!
- Promptly Postpartum Journal | These were the journals I featured in my stories the other day! They are a great gift!
- Miracle Milkookies | code: lynzy15 for 15% off | the best dang lactation cookies you’ll ever eat! They also have a dairy free & gluten free one that is amazing.
- Navy Hair Care Shampoo + Conditioner | code: LYNZY for 30% off | the best shampoo & conditioner for hair loss/thinning/brittleness. I wash TWICE with the shampoo and alternate with a purple shampoo for my blonde hair!
- Bobbie Formula | This is the baby formula we used and loved – code: Lynzy20
- Ryan and Rose Pacifiers | only my 4th took a pacifier and it was this one! I highly recommend just getting the flat ones from the get go! | $5 off with my link on 1st purchases
I love these type of round-ups 🙂 other gifts I love for new moms are gift cards to Instacart or DoorDash (esp if I don’t live close enough to drop off a meal!) or a gift card to a spa nearby for a massage (much needed after pregnancy and labor).
A shameless plug: when I had my first baby, I wasn’t prepared for the loneliness or lack of support. I wrote a guide called the “Postpartum Grace Guide” to support moms during the first 6 weeks (or any time during the first year!) It is full of messages I needed during the postpartum time 💗