Hello + welcome to this tiny space on the internet! I created this blog (+ changed the name twice since) 14 years ago as a creative outlet from my career in the emergency room as a PA. After spending the past 7 (or so) years on social media outlets, I have decided to delete all of the ones associated with this blog and get back to the heart of blogging.
Disclaimer: This podcast does not provide medical advice. The information on this podcast is for informational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
<iframe title="Libsyn Player" style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/19388069/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/b47751/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
Essential oils, household cleaners, medications, and lawn care chemicals. We have so many things around our homes that could be dangerous if ingested by children. What should we and should not be worried about? Today Dr. Daria Falkowitz and I are reviewing the most common household substances that children are exposed to, what to do if your child eats or drinks a medication or household product, and much more.
Daria Falkowitz DO is a full time board certified emergency medicine physician and medical toxicologist who specializes in poisonings, overdoses, and environmental/occupational toxins. She is the Director of the Division of Medical Toxicology in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Hackensack University Medical Center in NJ and is also a mother of two young daughters.
In this episode we discuss:
Connect with Lynzy:
Questions answered in today’s episode: