Hello + welcome to this tiny space on the internet! I created this blog (+ changed the name twice since) 14 years ago as a creative outlet from my career in the emergency room as a PA. After spending the past 7 (or so) years on social media outlets, I have decided to delete all of the ones associated with this blog and get back to the heart of blogging.
Parents are sent home from the hospital with their newborns without any real training in what to do if their baby chokes. There is nothing more anxiety-ridden than seeing your baby or toddler put a small object in their mouth and not knowing what to do next. Today we’re having a discussion to help you feel more empowered and capable of being able to handle situations like these if they arise in the future.
Our guest today shares her experience of saving her young son from choking and the moment she realized that she needed to teach other moms how to do the same. Shannon Tripp is an RN BSN, mom of four children and an experienced Pediatric ER Nurse. Shannon has taken her passion for motherhood and combined it with her medical training to create an online platform that both educates and inspires mothers around the world. Shannon provides a unique perspective between the need for modern medicine balanced with natural alternatives. Shannon is a Utah native currently living with her family in Puerto Rico.