Hello + welcome to this tiny space on the internet! I created this blog (+ changed the name twice since) 14 years ago as a creative outlet from my career in the emergency room as a PA. After spending the past 7 (or so) years on social media outlets, I have decided to delete all of the ones associated with this blog and get back to the heart of blogging.
One of the most requested blog posts EVER on baby registry must haves is finally live! I know this is always a hot topic because moms want to know what they REALLY need for baby and to be honest with you, it changed a lot with each subsequent baby. I realized I needed less and less along the way and I really wanted to highlight what’s necessary within this post. These products are ALL ones that I have tried and LOVE with the exception of the high chair which is new to us this time around. We were using the IKEA one but I had a few OTs tell me that it isn’t great for them not to have a footrest so we got this one for our 4th baby (due in July!). I hope that this post is helpful if this is your first pregnancy or even your 3rd, 4th or 5th!
1. ERGOBABY Original Swaddler | Comes in natural colors as well – which is what I got! This is the best swaddler I have found. It doesn’t move up into their neck during the night and it stays fastened during sleep. HIGHLY recommend – we love them.
2. SNOO Smart Sleeper Bassinet | We had this bassinet sent to us before our third was born and it really is fantastic. They have the option of “renting” them now too which is great because they are quite the investment! For those of you that don’t want to fork over a pretty penny, this one is highly rated as well!
3. Winston 4-in-1 Convertible Iron Crib | This crib is one that we have used on a trip and don’t have in our home but I just love the simplicity of it. We have a restoration hardware crib that we got for our first born 7 years ago and it is GORGEOUS but I saved so many pennies to be able to buy it! Ha! I do plan on passing it down to my grandkids or even having it in our home for when our grandkids visit 🙂
4. This used to be the Nook Pebble Mattress but We switched over to Newton Baby’s breathable mattress because the inside core was ALSO washable! The inside core does get a bit gross since you cannot properly wash it over time (with the Nook). My code: LYNZY50 may still work for Newton!
5. SNUGGLE ME ORGANIC Patented Sensory Lounger for Baby | I prefer this over the Dock a tot by a landslide for many different reasons. The material they use is organic and when I asked dock a tot what theirs was made of, I got the run around. I also love that it has the sling technology so when baby is in the middle, it “hugs” around them – it’s amazing!
6. LITTLE UNICORN Cotton Muslin Wearable Blanket | This is great for when they are rolling on their own and need an extra later for sleep!
7. MOTOROLA Video Baby Monitor | This is the one and only baby monitor we have ever owned!
8. LITTLE UNICORN Cotton Muslin Crib Sheet | The breathable sheets we use over the mattress!
9. LITTLE UNICORN Hooded Towel and Washcloth Set | Just love the prints on these
10. The Original White Noise Machine | The noise machine that we use – we even take it on trips.
1. Bamboo Facial Washcloths | love the feeling of this bamboo fabric!
2. Newborn Gift Set | my FAVORITE clean skincare brand for babies! Love everything in their line. Their dream cream is especially great for eczema!
3. Moby Three-Stage Baby And Toddler Bath Tub | a great tub for little ones!
1. Kids Dinnerware | These are the plates and utensils we have always used for the kids!
2. OXO TOT Sprout Chair with Tray Cover | As mentioned before, we were using the IKEA high chair with our 3rd baby and I LOVE it BUT heard from a few OTs that it is necessary to have a foot rest so we decided to go with this one this time around!
3. COMOTOMO Baby Bottle | This baby bottle was the only one my kids would take when I went to work!
4. Organic Egyptian Cotton Burp Cloths | Love having these around for so many different things!
5. Recliner and Swivel Glider | BEST nursery glider ever – it reclines as well! We have had this for about 3 years and I cannot say enough good things about it.
ON THE GO
1. LÍLLÉBABY Toddler & Child Carrier | This carrier is AWESOME for toddlers. We use it for our 2.5 year old and it holds 20-60 lbs! It’s awesome for traveling.
2. Classic Diaper Bag | Code: LYNZY25 is still active if you haven’t gotten yours yet! Just make sure you are a new customer to get the code to work! If you aren’t – just use a different email at checkout 🙂 This is the best diaper bag I have tried and I have tried quite a few!
3. Car Seat Cocoon | This is AWESOME if you live in a cold area – fits right over the car seat and you don’t need anything else to keep them warm!
4. CLEK Foonf Convertible Car Seat | This is my number one recommended convertible seat – we have three of them 🙂
5. CHICO KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat | my number one recommended infant seat!
6. THULE Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller | This jogging stroller has been amazing. I wouldn’t recommend this unless you like to do off roading (dirt paths) and or jog! It’s great for those things but if you don’t do those, then a double stroller like number 11 works!
7. LITTLE UNICORN Cotton Muslin Car Seat Canopy | Great for when baby is sleeping and it’s breathable!
8. SOLLY BABY Baby Wrap | My favorite baby carrier for newborns – 4 months or so!
9. WILDBIRD Ring Sling Baby Carrier | My favorite carrier for 4 months+
10. ZOE Twin Stroller with Umbrella | BEST travel stroller – SO light and it’s just great. It doesn’t do well over cobblestone but no stroller does – except the big heavy jogging strollers, which you wouldn’t take with you on a trip anyways!
11. BABY JOGGER City Select LUX Double Stroller | This is the stroller I suggest if you want to be able to walk a newborn AND a toddler at the same time since there are so many different configurations you can do!
1. FRIDA Baby Nasal Aspirator | This thing is really great when they are young and have a stuffy nose!
2. FISHER-PRICE Jonathan Adler Sensory Gym | We got this before our third was born and he LOVED it!
3. SMARTNOGGIN Developmental Light-Up Rattle | best toy when they start to grasp – we have had this for about 5 years!
4. Tummy Time Playboard | I use these with the sensory gym and when they are doing tummy time, I put it in front of them for them to look at!
5. Sleep Miracle Soother Sound Machine | This baby is a godsend for car rides!!! HIGHLY recommend.
6. Rainforest Jumperoo | This is not a 100% necessity but my kids did love it. One thing to note, I would not keep them in there for long amounts of time – about 15-20 minutes at a time and then move on to the next!
7. Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat | This is GREAT when they are learning to sit up, gets them off the back of their head and allows them to engage with you in a different way/viewpoint.
8. Set of 5 Organic Short-Sleeve Bodysuits | LOVE these for those first few months – stocked up on them!
9. Cozy Footed One-Piece | These are our favorite – I got the ivory in every size! 🙂
10. Cozie Fleece Baby Booties | best booties that actually stay on their feet, highly recommend these!
I am pretty sure I covered it all but I am also 20 weeks pregnancy and VERY forgetful at the moment so if there is something that I did forget, I will add it on! 🙂
Thank you so much for doing this blog post..i have a two year old and we are going to be trying for our secOnd baby soOn so i fInd this really helpful. One thing i wanted to give some advice To
You on is the hiGhchair…i did the same thing i went on a search for a good high chair with a foot rest and loved tHe look of the oxo sprout highchair however i went to buy buy baby and actually tried it out Even putting my daughter in it…the tray was diFficult to remove and replace but the most important thing is that it really does not have a foot rest…my daughTer was almost two when i put her in it and her feet did not touch it..its more of a “ladder” for baby to be able to clImb up it to get into the chair but it is not a footrest really. We went with the abiie beyond highchair and even though the tray is sMall its a great highchair! Has an adjustable seat ad footrest and is awesome…also heard amazing things about the tripp trap but it was a little pricey for us. Just wanted to let you know! 🙂
Look inTo the footsi. Its an attachable footrest for the IKEA high chair. That high chair cant really be beat when it comes to how easily it is to clean.
We just got our ikea high Chair and i ordered a footrest from yeahbabYgoods on instagram! So cute and they also have sILicon tray covers and cushion covers which maKe me even more excited for when we start feeding my little guy! Love this list For things we will need down the road! So excited to watch your family Grow! Xoxo
I loved seeing your Ot shoutout! Im a pediatric ot who has a lot ClInical experience in feeding and the footrest is soooooo important!!! Yay!